What do black spots on penisn indicate?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: My boyfriend noticed that when I touched him that his penis was sore, but didn't think much about it. No intercourse that night....The next day after intercourse when taking a shower, he noticed a couple of black non raised spots on the tip of his penis that were painful to touch. A couple of days later the spots have a yellowish green tint and although not oozing are painful to the touch....Could this be a STD or something else. He has never had anything like this and I do not have any history of a STD. Please help! Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely Chancroid a bacterial STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.

With the description given it is multiple painful ulcers on the glans.
Based on the history and morphology in the photos it may be due to STDs like herpes or chancroid.
It appears more likely to be due to chancroid a bacterial infection.

You can consult the doctor for diagnosis, investigations and management. A single dose of 1gram of Azithromycin may be advised. Abstain from sexual intercourse till properly treated.

You can get back to me for clarifications.
Thanking you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj