What do abdominal cramps, inability to expel gas and fever indicate?
Infection in the gut most likely.
Thanks for the query.
You are very likely suffering from stomach flu and indigestion. As food is not digested properly it is acted upon by a number of toxic bacteria which release a large number of gases which compresses the intestines hence causing pain. Stasis of food causes bacterial multiplication which causes fever and increased body temperature.
I would suggest you take:
Capsule Omeprazole for gas (OTC).
Take a mild laxative like Lactulose this will cause infected stools to pass hence bacterial nidus would be destroyed (OTC).
An antibiotic like Azithromycin (you may need a prescription for these) should be taken for eradicating the harmful bacteria.
A probiotic should be taken post recovery.
A stool routine and micro-analysis test should be done.
Hope I was helpful.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal cramping what does this indicate
- Abdominal cramps fever fatigue
- What is the cause of faint abdominal cramping
- What causes headache fever abdominal cramps after postpartum
- Dizziness and abdominal cramps gas and belching
- Abdominal cramps fever nausea flushed
- What causes mild abdominal cramps with brown discharge
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal cramping
- How to cure abdominal cramps and a mild fever
- What do abdominal cramps indicate
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses