question-icon

What do I do about anxiety, sleepiness and weird dreams while on Quitting, Mirtazapine, Trazodone and Amitryn?

Posted on 2 days ago
Question: Good evening doctor :
My medication is as under:
Quitipin 100 ( reduced from 150 gradually), mirtaz 37.5, trazodone 25 ( reduced from 50 gradually) amitryn 75 ( increased from 50) all in the night
Duolextine 60 ( reduced from 120 over a period of time), betacap tr 20 ( reduced from 40 gradually) all in the morning
After I have increased amitryn, my anxiety is much much better but still a little bit is there, which is irritating
My symptoms are as under :
A little of anxiety is still there
It takes a lot of time for me to fall asleep. Even after going to sleep, I wake up every two hours and don’t feel fresh in the morning. I get weird dreams also. I feel sedated in the morning and have been reporting late to the work. Pls suggest some tweaking in the medication that will cure my anxiety totally and will also help me to sleep better.
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Increasing the dose of trazodone

Detailed Answer:

If you still have slight anxiety and disturbance in sleep, you can increase the dose of trazodone back to 50mg. It would be a better option over adding another drug.
It should lessen your anxiety and improve sleep. (but only if was helping you earlier)
It would also be a better choice than adding a benzo like etizolam.
Please discuss this with your treating doctor.

Hope this helps.
Thanku.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist