Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What diet to follow to reduce weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
day by day am becoming fatty.. only my XXXXXXX is increasing, kindly suggest me, how to reduce the fat and how to balance my food.. what kind of food I have to take..
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid fat, carbohydrates, do regular exercise Detailed Answer: Hi,XXXXX, Thanks for posting query. Fat on tummy suggests central type of obesity. There are two reasons by which there is increasing weight and deposition of fat collecting on various part of body like abdomen, thighs etc. - If food intake is more and there is less expenditure of calories leading to formation of fat depositing in body. - Lack of physical activity and lack of exercise is another reason for having this problem. To balance this problem, change your diet style. - Take minimum of fat and carbohydrate in diet. - Take optimum protein. - Avoid taking butter, ghee, cheese, panier, puddings. - Avoid fried and junk food. - Take more green veggies in diet which will satisfy your hunger without giving extra calories. - No food in between two main meals, if you feel hungry take green salads. - Avoid more use of tea and coffee which give extra calories. - Avoid cold drinks, ice creams - Avoid sedentary life style. Go for regular exercise like running, swimming, jogging daily for 30-40 minutes for 5 days in a week. To prevent collection of fat in tummy, go for abdominal recti muscle exercise which will prevent deposition of fat in tummy. Rule out diabetes and hypothyroid by getting blood tests done. I hope I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor