Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What diet supplements should be started at one and half years old?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 3283 Questions
my daughter is one and half years old. shall we give supplements like horlicks with milk. also when can we give pediasure. she is low in weight 8 kg but hyperactive .milestones are met.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer: IMMUNOMODULATION Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following are the clarificaitons. 1. since age is one and half years thus supplementation is needed but also make sure at she is getting adequate mother's milk (if breast feeding) which will provide natural immunity to her. 2. You can consult for "Suvarnprashan" which is a mixture of Gold,Cow’s ghee and honey and acts to stimulate body immune cells and thus protect child from different harmful organisms for a long duration. 3. ragi, rice Kanji, porridges made of wheat, oats are good at her age and Pediasure and other tinned food tinned foods although help in increasing the weight but cause fat deposits in children,as a result they may suffer from burps, gastic problems so avoid them at this tender age. 4. make sure you are not giving the above said supplements as priority basis or as quantity specified on the box, just introduce them for taste and low in quantity PS. since pedia sure contains too many arificial chemicals in it, do not start it at this age, you can go with 'junior' horlicks. Hope I have given due consideration in taking up your case, any suggestions are welcome Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physicain Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor