What diet influence warfarin level in body?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Which type of food or nuts affect wafarin level?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No specific warfarin diet, effectiveness decreased by vit k food

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.

I have gone through your query.
As such there is no specific warfarin diet.

One nutrient that can lessen warfarin's effectiveness is vitamin K. While eating small amounts of foods that are rich in vitamin K shouldn't cause a problem, avoid eating or drinking large amounts of: Spinach, brussels sprouts, parsley, collard greens, mustard greens, chard, green tea.

Certain drinks can increase the effect of warfarin, leading to bleeding problems. Avoid or drink only small amounts of these drinks when taking warfarin: Cranberry juice, alcohol.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj