What diet could you suggest for thinning hair?
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
You seem to have androgenetic alopecia. It is characterized by hair loss and thinning from the front, mid and vertex part of the scalp.
Diet has no role in this type of hair loss as androgenetic alopecia is not due to any dietary deficiency or dietary excess. It is a patterned hair loss in genetically predisposed individuals.
I suggest you use minoxidil 5%solution, 1ml, twice daily on the affected area. In addition I suggest you to take an oral finasteride 1mg tab once a day for long. You may use a ketoconazole based shampoo. These are approved remedies for androgenetic alopecia in males. These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
Finasteride is safe and approved medication for androgenetic alopecia in males. Biotin does not have any specific role in the management of androgenetic alopecia. It is not a substitute for finasteride.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Baldness and thin hair please suggest remedies for it
- Thinning hair on microgynon 30
- Thinning hair stressed irregular eating habits what should i do
- Thinning hair after taking hormone therapy history of hysterectomy suggestions
- What are the treatments for hair loss and thin hair
- Pityrosporum folliculitis thinning hair
- Hair fall and thinning hair what to do
- What is the treatment for thin hair and baldness
- Have dandruff thinning hair reduced growth of hair suggest treatment
- Severe dandruff itching thinning hair suggest treatment