What deoes a bump at back of the mouth indicate?

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have this bump in the back of my mouth that looks like an enlarged blood vessel. I would like to know what it might be and if it is serious at all. I get tonsil stones on that side of my mouth somewhat frequently.
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
As per the photo you have sent ,your throat looks normal.
You have enlarged ,non congested tonsils both sides, uvula in the centre and behind the tonsil, you have a bump which is nothing but the walls of the pharynx.you also have a small bluish swelling which is just a haemangioma, no n specific.
These are usually seen the throat, do not cause any problems. Not suggestive of any disease also.
There is nothing for you to worry.
Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D