Owl Image

What cure should be done for raised TSH, cholesterol, triglycerides, VLDL, LDL, HDL and VIT D3?

Excellent

Endocrinologist
Question
Based on the annual tests that I do very year during December following are the areas that are high as indicated in the report, pls recommend corrective actions that I need to take :
1. TSH-9.29 ;
2. Total Cholesterol-315;
3. Triglycerides-470 ;
4. VLDL-94 ;
5. LDL-153;
6. HDL-68;
7. VIT D3-6.48;
8. VIT B 12-206

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 20 hours later
Dear Sir,

I do understand that you are a 42 year old male and concerned about your annual blood test.

You TSH level is high, signifying hypothyroid state and I would suggest you to undergo a Free T4 and anti TPO antibody testing (Both are blood test). Your cholesterol and Triglyceride levels are high and may be related to your hypothyroid state.

You might require treatment for your thyroid in consultation with your physician and cholesterol should be monitored after normalizing your TSH.

Your Vitamin D3 is low. I would encourage you to have adequate sun exposure and you may also require vitamin D replacement.

Your Vitamin B12 may not be a concern unless otherwise you have Anemia or nerve symptoms.

Follow-up: What cure should be done for raised TSH, cholesterol, triglycerides, VLDL, LDL, HDL and VIT D3? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. during the same blood test that were carried out following were the results for T3105.12 ng/dl & T4 7.20.

How do I normalize my TSH, what are the medications I should start, pls recommend.

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 10 minutes later

Thanks for your follow-up.

You may require a tablet thyroxine to normalize your TSH and it is definitely treatable. The dose of thyroxine would depend on other clinical features like neck swelling, skin dryness, constipation and other symptoms.

I would strongly recommend consulting an endocrinologist in person to decide on further treatment.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What cure should be done for raised TSH, cholesterol, triglycerides, VLDL, LDL, HDL and VIT D3? 37 minutes later
I was told to XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX but do not have the contacts details.

Who can I XXXXXXX and seek an appointment ?

Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 20 minutes later
If you are in Bangalore, You can contact Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

He is available at these hospitals:

1. M S Ramaiah Memorial Hospital     
NEW BEL Road, MSRIT post, Mattikere,
Bangalore 0000

2. Bangalore Diabetes hospital     
16/M Thimmiah Road Vasanth Nagar Bangalore 1

3. Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Care (CDEC)     
410/A, I stage, III Block, HBR Layout, Near BDA Complex, XXXXXXX Nagar post Bangalore 560 043

I am based at Madurai and I am ready to help you out. My details are available at WWW.WWWW.WW