Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What cure should be done for premature ejaculation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Hi Doctor
I have pre-matured ejaculation problem, what should I do to get this cured, Please help. I am ejaculating within 5 mins. Please help.
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 48 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min, or both partners are not satisfied with sex. As your ejaculation time already 5 Min, then there is no need to worry. Do not compare your ejaculation time with others. 5 Minute is good ejaculation time.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:
*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Although your ejaculation time is 5 Min but following steps will be helpful to increase time:

-Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination.

-Start jogging in morning as it reduces stress and performance anxiety (if present).

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control.

-Squeeze- pause technique: squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

-In many persons woman on top position increases ejaculation time.

- Condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time) will be helpful.

-Ejaculation time also increases with experience in sex.

Follow all these above methods regularly and ejaculation time will increase further in few weeks.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What cure should be done for premature ejaculation? 3 hours later
Hi Doctor
My height is 182 CMS and Weight is 120 kgs, I have lower back ligament pain, this compression pain comes quite and often and goes. Most of the time slight pain is always there on the lower back, just above the buttocks. Does this backpain affect or influence the ejaculation or controlling of ejaculation during sex.

Please advice if obesity also can create ejaculation issues.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

As I told in primary reply, if your ejaculation time is 5 min then there is no need to worry.

Yes, reducing weight help in increasing ejaculation time.
Back pain problem: affect ejaculation due to pain and by increasing stress.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What cure should be done for premature ejaculation? 1 hour later
Is there any medicines, I can take for my ejaculation as its below 2 mins also in the recent days. Do you think taking some medicines will help in this issue.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

-Now medicines like Dapoxetine is available for premature ejaculation which can be used on demand 1 hour before sex. You can buy it after prescription from physician.
-Before medicine follow non medicine treatment as mentioned above and practice them regularly.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor