What could vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy mean?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: After 2.5 months of pregnancy, sometimes I have bleeding and spoting little bit. What shoud I do now? My procedure was ICSI.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rest. progesterone and HCG support. vitamin C, Tranexamic acid.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) It is good to hear about your conception. It is indeed a great feeling of being a mother.

3 ) I will suggest you to get USG done as soon as possible.
This will help to know about retro chorionic bleeding, Or some other cause of your spotting.

4 ) I will suggest you to take rest. Do not indulge in any kind of jerky movements or do not lift any weight.

Also, please seek prescription from your doctor for Capsule Micronized progesterone 200 mg 2 times a day for ten days. Injection HCG - Human Chorionic gonadotropin 5000 I. U. twice a week till 9 weeks of the pregnancy. Both these medicines will support the pregnancy.

Also, , Tab Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day for ten days. And Tab Tranexamic acid 500 mg 3 times a day for 5 days to control the bleeding.

5 ) I can understand that this pregnancy is precious for you. Please do not worry.
Try to remain cool, meditate, think positive.

All things will be fine in the due course of time.
May God bless you with a bundle of XXXXXXX

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad