What could cause vomiting at night?

Question
hello
a week ago I woke up overnight throwing up thru up about 6 times the rest of the day. the thought of eating made me nausea but since then when I eat I get stomach pains nausea light headed and noticed my stool has been very dark like black.
Posted Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
more information please

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Do you also have pain abdomen or frequent belching or altered bowel habit. Are you using any other drugs. Do you consume alcohol or do you smoke.
Please get back with answers.

Follow-up: What could cause vomiting at night? 33 minutes later
Stomach pains yes. No drugs don't smoke or drink. What do you mean by altered bowel habits

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ans

Detailed Answer:
Altered bowel habit means any changes in the consistency or form or timing in the stools.

Follow-up: What could cause vomiting at night? 2 minutes later
Diarrhea and black

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a tear or an ulcer in stomach

Detailed Answer:
Black stools indicate bleeding into the stomach or intestines. The possibility of a small erosion or ulcer in the stomach is high. Sudden vomitings can also tear the mucosa of stomach or esophagus causing black stools. If you have persistent black stools, I would recommend to visit a gastroenterologist.