What could cause vaginal bleeding after urination and abdominal cramps while on Mirena?
Irregular shedding of endometrium
The bleeding that you have been experiencing after MIRENA placement is irregular shedding which is common to be seen for 1-2 months in most cases after MIRENA placement. The bleeding is likely to be darkish brown in colour and often continues after peeing of after episodes of increased abdominal pressure.
This can be prevented with the concomitant use of antifibrinolytics like tranexamic acid which can help control and stop bleeding till progesterone hormone level gets adjusted and amenorrhoea sets in.
Unless the bleeding is in excess and amounts to only spotting to mild discharge daily after urination or defecation then there is no actual requirement of MIRENA removal , rather antifibrinolytics can be tried upon.
you may discuss with your treating physician and take an informed decision.
The blood from a bowel movement is bright red and heavy with clots.
remove mirena and opt for pop or GnRH injections.
In that case, MIRENA used is possibly small and you are not the right candidate for MIRENA and hence it should be removed. Migraines are common side effect of progesterones as released by MIRENA. But if bleeding is heavy, then its better to remove MIRENA and switch to continuous progesterone only pills (POP) or GnRH injections monthly.
I am specifically asking whether red/ fresh heavy blood with a couple of clots and cramping and feeling sick is normal after bowl movement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What could cause abdominal cramps and delay in periods
- What is the cause of faint abdominal cramping
- What causes severe abdominal cramps while taking lipitor
- Bleeding after urination prescribed ponstan what could it be
- What could cause severe lower abdominal cramping followed by diarrhea
- What causes abdominal cramps with dark urine and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding after urinating
- Vaginal bleeding while urinating
- Bleeding after urination causes
- What causes white spots around the vagina?
- What causes UTI during 8th month of pregnancy?
- Can Polybion be taken during pregnancy?
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking I-pill?
- What does my urine test result indicate?
- Can honey be consumed during pregnancy?
- What causes a painful bump on the nose bridge near left eye?
- Does intake of Diclofen help in delaying menstruation?
- What do my lab test results indicate?
- Is slight yellow vaginal discharge a symptom of yeast infection?