What could cause sudden weakness in the left arm of a 50-year-old?
Please follow up with additional details
Please follow up with the following additional details so that I can give you a definite answer :
- Are you experiencing weakness or pain in the arm?
- If pain, where is the exact location?
- Do you notice more pain early in the morning?
- Is the pain worsening by activity or inactivity?
- Pain on any other joints in the body? Any joint deformity?
- Any neurological problems like lack of muscle power, loss of sensation, vision changes, dizziness, headache?
- Have you noticed any other concerning symptoms?
- Do you have diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol?
- Are you on any medication?
Awaiting your reply,
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal
General & Family Physician
Follow up answer
Possible diagnosis: Bicipital tendinitis
The pain you are experiencing is likely due to Bicipital tendinitis, which is inflamed biceps tendon.
Physical examination, Xray shoulders, and elbows (to rule out joint pathology) is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Please be advised to follow up with your primary provider for necessary evaluation.
Meanwhile, you can take Advil 400 mg up to 4 times a day for pain.
Apply ice pack
Take adequate rest. Do not overuse your affected arm.
Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 32 years old with arm weakness
- What causes throbbing in left arm
- What could cause weakness in legs and arms male
- What causes weakness in in arms and fingers
- What cause sudden rib pain under the left arm
- What causes coldness in left arm
- What causes weakness in arms and legs
- What causes numbness and weakness in left arm
- Sudden weakness in arms what is causing this feeling
- What are the causes of arm weakness