What could cause soft stool along with blood like fluid during defecation?
The stools are softer but do have a distinct shape to them and are a darker brown colour (looking things up it appears as type 5 from the bistrol stool chart). When you look into the toilet bowl it seems as if the blood is seeping into the water from the stool and is a brighter red colour.
With this though my partner and I recently tried intercourse anally so im unsure if this is related but i thought i would mention it.
Needs clinical evaluation and investigations to have proper management
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Blood in stool definitely indicates that there has to be a cause.
Anal intercourse can cause blood in stool.
Other causes can be hemorrhoids if the passage of blood was painless.
If with pain or burning then the cause can be ab anal fissure.
Additional tests of stool and blood are needed.
As also an examination by your Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon or a Proctologist. Per-rectal digital examination and ano-proctoscopy to start with will help to get an exact diagnosis and proper management.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please give feedback too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes anal pain after defecation
- What causes backache and burning after defecation
- Semen discharge during defecation
- What could frequent defecation be just after meals
- Defecation seminal fluid
- What is the treatment in defecating with blood
- Defecate during anesthesia
- Pre seminal fluid discharge during defecation
- Adults defecation during sleep
- Bright red blood while defecating stool