What could cause slightly red color urine and abdominal pain similar to the one during period?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 15 Oct 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello,
My wife , who is 35 years old is seeing the Red-Color Urine(not completely Red). She is having some pain on the Stomach/Abdomen.

She started seeing this difference since yesterday., she is not on her monthly period now. but the Abdomen pain is similar to the one she will have at the time of period.

It has been almost 24 hrs, she is having this issue.

There is not other pain/complain from her.

Please suggest if this is an alarming issue.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Get her urine r/m examination.

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

You should go for urine routine and microscopic examination to rule out whether blood in her urine or not. If it is there get her urine culture and sensitivity test and ultrasound abdomen to rule out the cause.

Hope found the answer useful.

Dr. Richa Agarwal, OBGYN