question-icon

What could cause slight vaginal bleeding on a daily basis for about a fortnight without any menstrual bleeding?

Posted on 2 days ago
Question: Hello. I have been checking the inside of my vagina with a tampon for 14 days at least 6 times a day as I was concerned that I was spotting. I was due my period on the 12th July and I still havent gotten it. I am really concerned that I have caused some damage inside as I am still bleeding slightly inside. It isnt enough blood to show on underwear and is only visible on the tip of the tampon. It is changing colour from brown to red on a daily basis. Coukd you please provide some advice. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to mild hormonal disturbance.

Detailed Answer:
The mild spotting that you are having can be related to mild hormonal disturbance. The brownish spotting can be due to impending period or a vaginal infection. Pregnancy also needs to be ruled out after a urine test. In case the spotting continues then do consult a gynecologist for proper examination and a few tests.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
I have ruled out pregnancy. Is it normal to spot but just internally?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be very mild spotting.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A very mild spotting will only show as internal spotting. It can be a hormonal disturbance or vaginal infection if pregnancy is ruled out.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN