What could cause red painful swollen second and third toes of one of the feet
Soft tissues inflammation.
Thank you for the query.
Can you please attach a photo of it? Does she suffer from diabetes?
Symptoms described by you are usually present in case of soft tissues inflammation.
The reason of such inflammation can be diabetes, injury, poor blood circulation or gout.
In case of injury related inflammation and diabetes, bacterial infection can appear so the best treatment is an antibiotic.
If gout is a problem, medicine called Colchicine should help.
It would be good to consult a surgeon.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Second toe red and swollen
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- Ovarian cysts and swollen feet toes
- What causes painful numb toes and tops of my feet
- Pregnant red toes and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What is the cause for itchy swollen and painful toe
- Second toe on both feet swollen red
- Swollen red blistered toes and feet
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?