What could cause recurrent bruises on the legs and thighs?
Symptoms are related to a blood disorder,examination need to be done.
Your symptoms can be related to many causes:
- A blood disorder
- Medicine for blood thinning like aspirin
- Blood vessel problem
- Liver problems
Red blood cells are low due to the hemorrhage. To rule out the cause you should do:
- A complete blood count
- Level of platelets
- Level of fibrinogen
- Coagulation test(INR)
- Liver enzymes
After this examinations we can rule out the cause of the bruises.
Meanwhile some advice that I can give are:
- Elevate the area of the bruise
- Use ice compresses
- You can use vitamin K cream for local treatment
- Take oral vitamin C
- In case of pain you can use painkillers like Ibuprofen.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi
General &Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inner thigh bruises
- What could be the cause of bruise on upper thigh
- What is the cause of bruises on my thighs
- Bruise on leg and thigh sore what is it
- Could physical activity cause a bruise on my thigh
- Developed spotty bruise on thigh what could it be
- What causes bruise and bumps on inner thighs
- Noticed bruises on legs knees feet and thighs cause
- Greenish brown bruises on thighs what is the cause
- Bruise on the thigh with soreness what is causing it