What could cause increasing debilitating pain in groin area and unusual swelling in a calf?
Possible deep vein thrombosis or hernia
Yes, she should see a doctor as soon as possible since it may be deep vein thrombosis or femoral hernia and she should do tests to rule this out. I don't think this is related to arthritis if pain is present during rest. She should take Tramadol for pain and keep the leg elevated.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe calf pain what could it be
- Calf pain that spreads to groin
- What causes pain and swelling near the groin area
- What causes swelling in calf
- What could cause mild pain in the groin area
- Have calf pain sporadically what could be the cause cure
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What could cause cramp like pain on the left calf
- Groin pain what could this pain be
- Swelling in groin no pain what could this be
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?