What could cause episodes of arrhythmia with heart rhythm varying between very low and moderately high?
Explained as follows
I read carefully through your recent medical history and the uploaded ECG recordings and would like to explain that besides the presence of extrasystoles from the ECG strips, the appearance of epsilon waves just at the end of QRS complexes can be identified.
The presence of epsilon waves is a marker of ARVD (arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia), which is a rare disease of myocardium leading to fibro-fatty degeneration of cardiac muscle with subsequent cardiac dysfunction and heart failure.
Both ventricles may be involved with predominance of the right ventricle. The ominous side of ARVD is the presence of life-threatening cardiac arrhythmia.
Coming to this point, I recommend discussing this with your cardiologist for a comprehensive evaluation of cardiac structure by means of cardiac ultrasound and other imagine modalities (cardiac MRI etc). Additional rhythm study should be performed with an ambulatory ECG monitoring and if necessary electrophysiological study.
You have to consult your attending cardiologist on the above mentioned issues.
Hope I have been helpful to you. In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
Dr. Ilir Sharka,
You should discuss with your doctor.
I reviewed your uploaded ECG. It's the same I talked about what I have mentioned earlier.
What I see is normal sinus rhythm with the presence of extrasystoles and epsilon wave.
I recommend to consult your cardiologist for a careful clinical investigation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ilir Sharka,
I reviewed your additional uploads, it is exactly the same rhythm: normal sinus rhythm. But the problem with the next two ECG records is the increased strips speed 50 mm/s instead of the normal speed of 25 mm/s.
This gives a wrong impression of slow heart rate, but in fact you have to double the heart rate value to give the exact number.
Meanwhile, I strongly encourage you to consult your cardiologist without delay and discuss the above mentioned issues.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ilir Sharka,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Botox causing heart arrhythmia
- House mold causes heart arrhythmias
- Causes of heart arrhythmia
- Low testosterone and heart arrhythmias
- Heart arrhythmia cause by decay teeth
- Heart arrhythmia causes frequent urination
- What causes arrhythmias
- What causes sinus arrhythmia
- Does subutex cause heart arrhythmia
- What is the difference between a heart murmur and an arrhythmia
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?