What could cause confusion and urinary incontinence in an elderly with diabetes?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
There are several possibilities for confusion and urine incontinence.
If the UTI was diagnosed with pus cells in the urine examination, it can be the cause. The infection can raise the blood sugar and also high blood sugar increases the chance of UTI.
It is very easy to diagnose high blood sugar by a simple blood sugar examination.
Another reason for confusion in the elderly is low blood sodium (hyponatremia).
Hope I have answered your question.
Dr. Noble Zachariah,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urinary incontinence what is causing this and required treatment
- Gestational diabetes urinary incontinence
- Intermittent urinary incontinence causes
- What causes fecal and urinary incontinence
- Urinary incontinence causes
- Stress urinary incontinence causes
- Urinary incontinence caused by mucinex
- Benicar causing urinary incontinence
- Chronic urinary incontinence causes
- What are the causes and treatment for urinary incontinence
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?