What could cause circular spots on the left hand?
Warts / Verrucae
I have viewed the images. These raised, rough looking spots are actually viral warts - verruca vulgaris.. It is an infection caused by human papilloma virus (HPV). I suggest you get them fulgurated with either electrocautery or radiofrequency cautery or freeze them with liquid nitrogen spray.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Kakkar S.
Is this condition contagious? And if so, how to prevent from further spread?
Do these warts have any relation to the lifestyle pattern of a person (eating, exercise, etc)?
Coming to your suggested remedies: fulgurated with either electrocautery or radiofrequency cautery or freeze them with liquid nitrogen spray; I have some questions:
(1) How painful are these treatments?
(2) What is the estimated cost and time required for each of them?
(3) And what are the downsides of letting this stay as-is, not treating it?
Warts/verruca vulgaris are contagious. It is an infection caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and spread by close skin to skin contact or contact with infected surface.
Early treatment of existing warts is the best way to prevent further spread. You must have acquired the infection from someone with infection or contact with an infected surface.
The procedure for removal of wart is usually done under local anesthesia so you won't feel any pain. Removal of warts is a minor procedure and the cost of procedure would vary between 2-3 K for up to 5 lesions. If untreated they may increase in numbers and spread to other areas and to other close contacts.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kakkar S.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hand palms are very hot what could be causing this
- Left hand paralyzed what could this be
- What could be the cause for rash on hand
- What could cause mild tremor in the left hand
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes left hand pain
- Shaky hands tremors in hand what could be this
- What could be the reason for black spots on hands
- What could cause blotches in hands
- What could cause shaky hands