What could cause balance issues and difficulty in moving about in an 80-year-old type-1 diabetic?
Diabetes can have several complications including loss of balance. It is good you picked up on this. What she needs is a thorough in-person neurological examination. I would schedule an appointment with a neurologist at your earliest convenience. Sometimes they can identify medication that might be helpful.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 23 year old type 2 diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes causes
- What age does type 1 diabetes occur
- Type 1 diabetes and endometriosis
- Could a 9 year old kid be diabetic
- Gastroenteritis and type 1 diabetes
- What is the best alcoholic drink for a type 1 diabetic
- Type 1 diabetes and perimenopause
- What makes a type1 diabetic man impotent
- Could electric shock cause type 1 diabetes