What could cause an upset stomach, vomiting and dizziness while on Venlafaxine for depression?
I think you need to get serum electrolytes level
From the available description there is good possibility that you may have hyponatremia (low sodium level). It is known complication of venlafaxine and can present with sick abdomen and vomiting.
I understand that you always take water but in case there is low sodium, it is worsened with use of plain water.
In my opinion you should talk to your doctor get serum electrolytes level on next visit.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of upset stomach acidity and vomiting
- Dizzy upset stomach cough
- What is the cure for upset stomach burping and vomiting
- Upset stomach vomiting no fever
- What causes upset stomach
- Dizzy upset stomach fatigue
- Dizziness upset stomach heartburn
- Upset stomach vomiting and headaches
- Could my teeth extraction cause dizziness and upset stomach
- Feeling dizzy and upset stomach