What could cause alternating freezing or burning pain in the hands and feet in an anemic person?
Almost forgot, I've been tested for B12 which is good, I am anemic but I've been anemic from birth. Also my feet and hands get really sweaty.
Symptoms conclusion and approach
Your symptoms are similar to sensory neuropathy and you have a family history of the same. Neuropathy must be thoroughly checked in you. Your neurologist did an EMG and B12 analysis and ruled out it. My opinion differs from him/her.
Your complete neurological examination, which should include sensory system, must be done.
After that, nerve conduction velocity of tibial and perineal nerve is needed to find out the type of nerve damage. Even if it is negative, a few blood tests must be done which can cause intermittent neuropathy like symptoms.
- Blood sugar analysis
- Antibody tests for lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, autoimmune neuropathy
- Complete blood count with peripheral blood smear to know the type of anemia and red blood cells shape.
- If there is doubt, sural nerve biopsy can be done to confirm the type of neuropathy.
I think you can discuss it with your doctor and ask for it.
I hope it will help you.
Thanks. Take care.
Dr. Ishu Bishnoi,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What makes a person anemic
- Anemic person can cause delay of period
- Joint pain in hands and feet causes
- What causes pain in the knees and feet
- Anemic person with right side rib pain
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- What causes pain in kneeslegsankels and feet
- What is the cause of chronic pain in feet
- Causes of pain and burning in palms of hands and soles of feet
- What are the possible causes for pain in feet
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?