What could cause a positive ANA test without any typical symptoms of lupus?
Yes it's possible
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
Yes, it's definitely possible to get a false positive result especially if the titres of the test are low if checked by immunofluorescence.
This test is not a screening test for autoimmune disorders,in fact it corroborate s our diagnosis in case it is strongly suspected in a particular patient.
Do i feel you can rest assured that she does not have any major illness.
If required you can check ANA by immunofluorescence if not already done.
Yes take the immunofluorescence and reflex test
Yes, I suggest take the immunofluorescence and reflex test.
She does not seem to have any serious disease.
She doesn't have cancer based on this result.
Titers will be available with the immunofluorescence test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Positive lupus band test
- Diagnosed with pah joint pains ana positive lupus
- What do the symptoms of lupus indicate
- Ana negative lupus causes
- Causes of positive lupus anticoagulant
- What are the signs and symptoms of lupus
- What causes lupus symptoms but normal blood test report
- Tested positive for lupus what should i do
- Symptoms of ana negative lupus
- What is lupus symptoms