Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What could be white piece of sore skin popping out inside mouth and looks like pimple?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Inside my lower lip in the area in front of my lower teeth a little white piece of skin has popped out of my lip. Its a little sore and looks kinda of like pimple except it is a little more raised than a pimple. Its doesn't appear to have anything in it. It seems to be a hard piece of skin. It is tender and will sting a little if I eat or drink. Thanks XXXXX
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Viral infection most probably, see doctor Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is clear that there is an active inflammatory reaction going on at the lebel of the mouth. It might be important to note if you have experienced any fever or have any associated lymph nodes around the head region or not. The lesion presented is more of a viral infection. The commonest of viral infections that could present as such are Oral herpes infections. Ii is true that others could also present as such, but this is the most probable in this case. Using oral antiseptics and analgesics could be sufficient. Doing a serological test for oral herpes could be necessary. Based on test findings, specific drugs could be prescribed. Treatment is generally symptomatic with pain killers and antiseptics, except in very severe cases as would indicated by the results of your doctor s physical examination or degree of infection based on results of serological tests. I strongly suggest you consult your primary care doctor for a proper review. Please, d feel free asking further questions in case of need. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. DR Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor