Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What could be tiny irregular spot on edge of iris like bubble with water in it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
I have a tiny irregular spot on edge of iris and it is very bloodshot next to it. A few weeks ago it looked like a bubble with liquid in it.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be inflammation of conjunctivaldegeneration Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you have spot on the eye which was like bubble with liquid in it and now it appearing blood shot. I guess it is seen on the junction between the white portion of the eye called as sclera and transparent part called as cornea. Iris is present inside the eye and it is brown in color and hence it cannot be iris. The bubble like spot can be conjunctival degeneration like pinguecula and it is commonly seen in middle aged people as a result of ageing, exposure to dust, sunlight.... Probably it has become inflammed resulting in blood shot appearance. The treatment is by antibiotic and anti inflammatory eye drops. If you can send a photo of the eye I can advice you more accurately. Hope the information helps. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor