Owl Image

What could be the reason of intermittent sharp pain in temple?

Owl Image
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Question
Cause of intermittent sharp pain in spot in right temple intervals vary seconds t o many minutes
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 5 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Could you please provide me with some additional details?

1. Any fever/ cough/ cold? If yes, then headache might be due to sinusitis.
2. Any nausea, vomiting, intolerance to loud noise/bright lights, along with the headache? Is it a throbbing headache ? If yes, it could be migraine.
3. Your age ,gender and other medical history .

Other possibilities are diabetes, hypoglycemia, dehydration(not drinking enough water).

As a temporary measure; you can have a tylenol / paracetamol.
Drink at least 8- 10 glasses of water a day.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan