Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for sudden lower back pain?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
Severe pain in lower back. While playing Cricket I had bent forward to catch the ball. Suddenly the pain started. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX You need to be examined by a doctor as to the location and severity of the pain. For now you can take a tablet of brufen 200 mg and try to take some rest. If it is muscle strain it will get better with rest and muscle relaxants. If the pain is not controlled with brufen, then you will need stronger pain-killers like voveran, etc. If the pain is coming from spine, then giving the back some rest is a must. A waist belt will help along with medicines as prescribed by your doctor. I would suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for the same. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What could be the reason for sudden lower back pain? 40 minutes later
Hi Thanks for replying. Actually sometimes I feel like pinched nerve and killer pain. If I get some massage I feel better. And how many tablets I 've to take? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again Brufen can be taken 2 - 3 times a day if pain happens. If the pain does not get better with simple measures like pain-killers and rest, then you will need stronger medicines. For these medicines you will need a written prescription. Most back pains get better within 1 month with simple measures only. Till then do not make any movements of that part of back. Give it adequate rest. Take care. Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor