Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for pain in foot, calf and shin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
My age is 31 years. (Weight – 63, Height 166) Actually I am getting pain in right leg since last 10-12 months. Sometimes pain is in thigh but normally daily I observed pain in foot, calf and shin. Foot and Joint pain is normally occurring when I sit for more than 10 min. Also please note that 10 days back I did RBS (Random blood sugar) and found that I am Type 2 Diabetic. RBS- 250 FBS-210 PLBS-340 HBA1C- 8% ----------------- I need list of Orthopedician doctors list nearby KPHB (Malaysian township Kukatpally Hyderabad- 500072)
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Icon Hospital.... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is likely the leg pain may be related to diabetic neuropathy or other metabolic conditions unrelated to orthopedic. Hence it is better to visit a multidisciplinary hospital and consult diabetologist, orthopedician and physician. Based on this opinion, I think it would be good if you visit Icon hospital which is nearby the location requested. Please note that as I practice far away from Hyderabad, I do not have any personal connections with this hospital. Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX an orthopedic is available here. You can consult him and ask for physician / diabetologist reference if needed. Other orthopedic surgeon nearby are 1. Dr. G. P. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX who practices at Prime Hospital as well as at Orange clinic. 2. Dr. Banoth Valya who is available at Rakshith Orthopedic Centre 3. Dr. Skand XXXXXXX who is available at XXXXXXX Superspeciality hospital All these centre are nearby Kukatpally, Hyderabad. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor