What could be the reason for experiencing dizziness and light headed?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: light headed, dizziness when i get up fast or if i roll over in bed
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dizziness & reason. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these possibilities for this dizziness & lightheaded symptoms, these includes. 1 Hypo tension , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination of blood pressure at the time of this type of episode.We call it as postural hypotension . 2 Hypertension , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination at the time of dizziness and lightheaded symptoms. As I mentioned above that these both conditions are most common cause of such type of symptoms at the age of 57 years. 3 Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia ( low or high level of sugar ) may be responsible for such type of symptoms.Get in blood for HBA 1 C and sugar level. At the age of 57 ,dizziness and lightheadedness is concerning.You need to investigated with EKG & ECHO to isolate the case.I would recommend you visit a physician at the earliest & sort this problem. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question , you can ask in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T