Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for constant upper constant chest discomfort with discomfort in shoulders?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have been having upper constant chest discomfort that does not go away.....I passed the stress test in blood pressure is good with medicine (lisinop/hctz-20/25) ...Sometimes I also have discomfort in my right neck/shoulder and the top of my right ear feels warm.......I have blood work done and my results for cholesterol were 153-low thyroid? and low immune? I'm not sure why this pain will not go away and what to do?I also burp after eating everything ( which is not spicy) (I never have had this before......)
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....your symptoms could be related to gastrointestinal disorder. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Although there are various causes for upper chest discomfort like cardiac disorder,chest muscles disorder or gastrointestinal disorders but since your cardiac causes have been ruled out,the most likely cause in you  seem to be due to some gastrointestinal disorder. This suspicion also gets strengthened by the fact that you are constantly having symptoms of burping. There can be various causes of gastrointestinal disorder like .. Gastro esophageal reflux disorder Hiatus hernias Gall bladder diseases  You need to consult a gastroenterologist for proper investigations and diagnosis. Investigations required would be ultra sound abdomen,CT abdomen and a GASTROSCOPY etc. A proper treatment can be instituted only after a proper diagnosis. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor