question-icon

What could be the possible cause for having discoloration and slight pain on the back near the waist with a noticeable hard spot within the discolored area?

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2018
Question: I have discoloration on my back near my waist on the left side. Its about 4 inches wide. Looks like a bruise but I do not remember any trauma that would cause it. Also, in touching it there is a small hard spot within the discolored area. It was first noticed on Sunday by someone else when I was in the shower at the gym shower. No pain at that time, but feel some now when I lean to the side.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your complaints and would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Dr. Asmeet
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney,
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
See the uploaded pictures.
Did you receive the pictures?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Did not receive any pictures.

Detailed Answer:
I did not receive any pictures.
Kindly upload them again under the report section of the site or mail them to YYYY@YYYY as "Attention: Dr. Asmeet".

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney,
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (16 hours later)
Did you receive the pictures?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (10 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Looks like a bruise, nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it looks like a bruise only.
It might be due to some unnoticed trauma.
Nothing to worry about.
It will take some days to disappear.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney,
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist