Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of pain in chest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
hi..I am 32 years old male..I get pain in chest region.i have attached photo where it pains. please help me.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: more likely due to gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your query and also seen the uploaded image. It more likely seems to be muscular in origin or due to gastritis. It is unlikely to be from heart. I would suggest you to get a basic Electrocardiogram (ECG) of the heart to make sure that your heart is normal. If it is due to gastritis, then you would benefit from drugs like Omeprazole, which is an antacid. These kind of chest pain is mostly due to chronic gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Make sure you eat healthy and on time. In my view, this is not serious. So, you can relax. Drink more of water often. Let me know if you have more queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What could be the cause of pain in chest? 27 minutes later
thanks for the response doctor.. I get pain only when I bend or carry some heavy objects.. or when I rotate my shoulder..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: then, it is muscular in origing Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX In such a case, it is mostly muscular in origin. Please take an x-ray of the chest as well to look for any problem in the chest wall. Simple analgesics like Dolo will help you when you are in severe pain. Do deep breathing exercises daily, it will help too. Till the time, avoid heavy weight lifting. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What could be the cause of pain in chest? 6 minutes later
thanks a lot for the quick response doctor. I forgot to mention that from past 2 to 3 days I get pain in lower chest region when ever I sneeze.. is this also related to the condition what you mentioned?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is related Detailed Answer: Hi, The pain in the lower chest is again related to the muscle pull that you get while sneezing. Yes, they are related to each other. Do follow my earlier suggestions. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor