Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for stabbing pain and burning sensation at the back on spine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10412 Questions
I have a stabbing pain in my back that is burning. If someone touches the spot on my spine I feel I will jump through the roof. Ive had this since an injury 15 years ago. I had an mri with XXXXXXX The ortho that did it quit his job and went somewhere else. The only fact I know is there was a huge collection of white blood cells in the spot thats injured. I am in alot of pain. Its one spot on my spine that is really bad, but because of that I have major pain and knots in my shoulder blades. If someone touches my spine in that spot its VERY bad. What is wrong????
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be nerve related cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. A severe pain at only one point of the spine after a history of injury to the area is likely to be due to a nerve injury or irritation in the area. The collection of white blood cells indicates an inflammation in the area. The presence of a mass causing nerve compression also needs to be ruled out. It is best to get an MRI scan of the area done as this is the best investigation to detect an soft tissue abnormalities. Consulting a neurologist in this regard would be most appropriate. He might prescribe some medicines like methylcobalamin and pregabalin to help with the pain. Some of my patients have felt relief from this kind of nerve pains with the aforementioned medications, therefore i recommend that you take my suggestions sincerely. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor