Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for lump on my cheek bone after a fall?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9349 Questions
I fell and hit my cheek a month ago and it was bruise really bad but now there's a lump on my cheekbone that won't go away
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. If there wasnt lump before hit then this is probably just hematoma or blood clot and it should disappear soon. It may take 6-8 weeks till complete resolution. rarely there can traumatic fibroma occur after such hits and it may persist longer and sometime it should be surgically removed. Third possiblity is that there was cheekbone fracture and if there is still pain and swelling,you should do xrays to rule this out. So,this is probably the first thing and you should be patient but more, apply some warm compresses on it,take antiinflamamtoy painkillers and try to massage this area easily. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor