What could be the cause for itchy red patches all over the body?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my mom, age 59, is getting itchy red patches all over the body that appeared suddenly... making her really uneasy.... what could be the issue?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. She might be suffering from acute urticaria. It is an allergic condition. She might be having allergy to a particular thing like food cloth etc. Its important to find out the exact cause. Treatment can be done with anti histamine like cetrizine and allegra. Also ask her to apply a mild steroid desonide lotion. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
can you suggest a brand for steroid dedonide solution
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello It comes with the brand name of desonide. Manufactured by curatio company. thank you