Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for inflammation near penis hole?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
Hi my name is XXXXXXX XXXX. Last Monday, I was maturbating and as it was happening I felt a very sharp pain in the shaft, once ejaculation happened, it felt like razor blades coming out of my pee hole. I soon pee'd right after and also only felt the razor blade at the tip. I immediately went to visit my dr. Before going I noticed the tip looked very irritated. While waiting in the drs office, I had to use the facilities and noticed the redness had gone away and was able to pee without pain or blood. Explained everything to the dr, who told me I had nothing to worry about as there was no blood in the urine or pain while urinating. Though, it has been 6 days and sometimes it feels as if there's an irritation or some type of inflammation by the penis hole, though no pain or blood while urinating. Should I wait a few more days to see if it heals more or consult with my dr for some type of antibiotics for this situation? Note-- I have had no sexual relations in nearly 6 months so I'm pretty sure there's no STD.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow up with an Urologist... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX To my opinion, although your urine analysis did not result any problem, however, your genital tract should be further evaluated. In other words, although blood was not present in urine or pain while urinating, this does not exclude genital infection (penis itself, testicles, prostate,etc). So, to my opinion, your problems are related to genital infection (non-STDs). Further tests are needed to come to a final conclusion including: - seminal fluid analysis and culture - abdominal ultrasound - physical examination of your genital organs Uncircumcised males are more prone to such infections as compared to circumcised. So, you can discuss with an urologist if this is your case. At the end, I suggest to consult with an urologist and to run the above mentioned tests to finally determine the infection and the appropriate treatment (antibiotic/antimycotic). Furthermore, evaluation of local blood vessels of the penis and other local organs should be carried out too. Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor