Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for high readings in liver panel test?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
Hi.. My mother has got very high levels in her Liver Panel test today. Mouth is dry (No saliva) and have a vomit feeling through out the day. Is feeling extreme weakness. I have got the pdf copies a report. Pls let us know where to send it. She is having Cold and cough and headache since Monday.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult General Surgeon for further management Detailed Answer: Hi Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of your day Thanks for providing the detailed reports. After going through the reports, i would conclude the following problem. 1.Obstructive Jaundice: Significant elevation in Liver enzymes,with elevated direct bilirubin point towards considering the diagnosis of Obstructive Jaundice. Its likely to be due to some blockage in Common bile dict( duct carrying bile from Liver to Duodenum). It requires further assesmnet by getting Ultrasound abdomen followed by Magnetic resonance Cholngiopancreatogram(MRCP) to know the cause for blockage I would suggest you to consult General Surgeon or Surgical Gastroenterologist for further management. 2. She has elevated LDL cholesterol level: Will require lipid lowering agent in consultation with your Physician 3. Elevated blood sugar: Consult Diabetologist For the cough and cold i would suggest you the following 1. Steam Inhalation: 15-20 minutes every time 3 times a day 2. Warm Saline Gargling: to a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoons of salt and make her gargle her throat thrice a day. 3. Paracetamol can be given for headache Do consult Surgical Gastroenterologist/General Surgeon for further management. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor