Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What could be done for itch on buttock even after using tolnaftate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10403 Questions
Hi, I have a bad itch on my ass. I have been using antifungal cream with 1% tolnaftate for 2 weeks now. the problem still have not gone away.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Anti fungal is not likely to help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The itchy rash that you have seems to be due to contact dermatitis or pityriasis rosacea. The antifungal cream that you are using is not likely to help you much A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed. You need prescription medicines for such a big rash to improve. You can help the improvement by * Avoid scrubbing your skin. * Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead. * Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub. * Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions. * Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible. * Try calamine medicated lotion. * Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe such rashes. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor