What could be causing vaginal bleeding and lower abdominal pain after menopause?
Seems to be due to hormone deprivation.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Going by the mentioned symptoms it seems that you are suffering from hormone deprivation. Such a thing is commonly encountered in perimenopausal or post-menopausal women. If that is the case, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) could provide relief. You need to visit a gynecologist to get evaluated and tested. He would be able to set up the right regimen for you.
I do not suppose that this is related to the surgery that you underwent.
Let me know if I could help further.
Menopausal age is the cause.
I understand your query. The answer from a physician's perspective is rather simple. Gall bladder stones are frequently found in women around the menopausal age. Needless to say that many of them need to undergo such a surgery. Now, menopause essentially means that the hormonal support that the ovaries had been providing since puberty, would no longer be there. This gives rise to hormonal deprivation and therefore the symptoms. So, although the surgery or even gall bladder pathology have no direct role to play, the symptoms are essentially faced by the population you mention.
I am sorry to know that you had suffered a stroke. But still, it does not mean that you cannot undergo HRT. There would indeed be some reservations. But a balance needs to be sought. You need to discuss the issue parametrically with your doctor.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- Severe lower abdominal pain what could this be
- What is lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes severe lower abdominal pain after having abortion
- Vaginal bleeding with right lower abdominal pain
- Menopause and lower abdominal pain
- What could be the reason for having lower abdominal pain
- What is the reason for lower abdominal pain after drinking