What could be causing burning sensation in the leg above the knee?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: burning sensation front of leg above the knee this occurs without warning uasually when sitting down, only started in the past week, can be quite painful
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Burning sensation in from of leg - causes... Detailed Answer: Hi, The burning sensation you are referring to might be related to muscle strain while you sit down. Another cause could be related to drugs you are using to treat cardomyopathy (i.e. diuretics use is linked to electrolyte imbalance resulting to burning or pain). Damages to the peripheral nerves and arthritis could also be possible causes. If the burning sensation is present continuously, then, I'd suggest to talk to a neurologist for further evaluation. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, feel free to write back to me! Dr.Sejdini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D