What could be cause of intermittant Lower Quadrant pain?

Dr. Timothy Raichle

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I am a 63 y/o female with normal gyn exams in the past. I have not had one for 18 mo's due to moving. I have been experiencing intermittant LLQ mild cramping for about 3 weeks. I started doing situps about 3 days ago. Today the cramping is still mild but continuous. No bleeding or discharge.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Your LLQ pain is obviously not related to the situps as the pain predates this activity. I will assume that you were fine before three weeks ago, and it will remain uncertain as to the cause until you are seen. The only thing in the LLQ is your left tube and ovary and the large intestine. I would not panic given the short duration of the pain, but you need: 1. An exam with an OB/GYN 2. An ultrasound of the pelvis to evaluate your uterus, tubes, and ovaries This is a simple way to begin and I believe will direct you towards an answer! Good luck.