What could a persistent cough be from along with some
A persistent cough could be due to bronchitis.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I think you are suffering from acute bronchitis. It is a viral infection that affects bronchi. Typically bronchitis has a temperature for first days and cough may persist for two weeks.
The chest pain comes due to coughing. Nausea also may come from the increased intraabdominal pressure due to coughing and viral state.
Generally, it doesn't need special medication. You can take herbal cough relievers or Desloratadine.
Keep yourself under observations. If symptoms persist despite this, I'd recommend getting a Chest X-ray done and get yourself checked up by a doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.