Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What could a painful lump on breast be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
It started a month back. I had little pain when I touched/pressed by nipples. I felt that there was a circular lump kind of thing. My left nipple/breast is perfectly fine today. But the lump in the right side is still there. It pains only when I press it. Otherwise it does not. What should I do?? Anything serious?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX It does not seem to be anything serious. Since it is painful, it seems like an abscess in the breast tissue. To be sure you need further evaluation like an ultrasound of the lesion. It may be followed by a drainage (if it is fluid from inside) or lumpectomy (excision of the lump) by a surgeon. You may wait for a few days and see if it resolves on its own. If it does not resolve, then you may either want to live with it or go for a consultation with a surgeon. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor