What contraceptive pills are effective at preventing pregnancy?
What the best contraceptive pill available to avoid pregnancy? Do we have to consult docter before taking pill?
Best contraceptive pill is morning after pill
Welcome to health care magic,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern to avoid pregnancy. You can take morning after pill with in 72 hrs of intercourse.
There are no major side effects with these pills
I have gone through your follow up query and understand your concern towards side effects of morning after pill ie levonorgestrel
There are no major side effects with these pills even in the absence of pregnancy except some kind of nausea, vomiting, little headache in some individuals which can be subsided in a day or two
So, there is nothing to worry
Fertile period can help in predicting the time of intercourse causing pregnancy ie 8 th to 18 th day of menstrual cycle
These chances may increase if the mating occurs 2 days before and 2 days after including the day of ovulation i.e 14 th day
It is not so required to consult doctor before taking this pill
But you can always take an advise from gynaecologist
Hope this information would help you
Feel free to ask any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Contraceptive pill side effects
- What is the side effect of contraceptive pills
- Althea contraceptive pills whats the effects
- Neomercazole effect on contraceptive pill
- Regestrone pregnancy contraceptive pills
- Pregnancy and the contraceptive pill
- Effects of metrogyl on the contraceptive pill
- Contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy
- Effects of althea contraceptive pills
- Effects of contraceptive pill
- What is Akineton used for in the treatment of schizophrenia?
- How long does Temazepam make you sleep?
- Suggest ways to manage sudden bouts of anger
- Suggest a herbal treatment to help insomnia
- How can constant feminine thoughts and cross dressing be managed in a...
- Is Anti-rabies vaccination is required even if no indication of bat bite...
- Suggest appropriate OTC medication for anxiety
- Is it good to resume Adderall after discontinuation for many years for...
- Can reducing Lorazepam dosage cause anxiety?
- What contraceptive pills are effective at preventing pregnancy?