What causes your eyes to see wavy lines?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My vision just out of the blue became strange. I had jagged lines in the middle of my field of vision in both eyes from the left side of both eyes to the middle of each eye. Things were not in good focus. I had something similar about a month ago in my left eye in the upper left corner. I assumed it was a migraine because I got a headache on the right side afterwaards. But I've never had a migraine before.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need fundoscopy and intraocular pressure measurements

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, these can be floaters or visual signs relating to migraine as you mentioned and may proceed or preceed such headaches but focal ophthalmic cause should be ruled out so it's better to get an ophthalmologist review and get fundoscopy done alongwith intraocular pressures measurements.

Metabolic profile like sugar levels, thyroid and electrolytes level etc should be done. Meanwhile if headaches persist analgesics like acetaminophen can be used. Blood pressure monitoring should also be done. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng