What causes you to have trouble swallowing?
Detailed evaluation is needed.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
The symptoms you have mentioned suggestive a clinical condition called dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
Dysphagia can occur at any age, but it's more common in older adults. The causes of swallowing problems vary, and treatment depends on the cause.
A wide range of diseases can cause swallowing problems. It can range from gastric reflex disease to cancers of esophagus(food pipe).Some neurological diseases can also cause dysphagia, especially in elderly.
I suggest you to consult a gastroenterologist and get evaluated. You need to run investigations like upper GI endoscopy and manometric studies to find out the exact cause of your problems.
As of now drink plenty of water and avoid spicy foods. You can take drugs like pantoprazole for symptomatic relief.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- What causes difficulty in swallowing and heartburn
- What causes heartburn with stomach tenderness and trouble in swallowing
- Swallowed a sperm will it cause trouble
- What causes trouble swallowing certain types of foods
- What causes to swallow saliva that causes headache and nausea
- What causes pain while swallowing
- What is the cause for the difficulty in swallowing food
- Swallowed listerine can cause what?
- Dizziness while swallowing what is causing this
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?